Mon, Aug 29|
KC Raqs World Dance Studio
Level 3 Haflaween Choreography 2022
Get ready to strut your stuff at Haflaween!
Time & Location
Aug 29, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM CDT
KC Raqs World Dance Studio, 10966 W 74th Terrace, Shawnee, KS 66203, USA
About the event
Nubian Folklore Choreography (345D): Mondays from 7:30 to 8:30 PM, 8 weeks (8/29, 9/12, 9/19, 9/26, 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, and 10/24) $80/session (plus PayPal fee if paying online)
Learn a choreography over the course of 8 weeks to perform at my annual student recital, "Haflaween". This recital and party is on October 29th at 4 PM. Performers are asked to bring a dish to share at the potluck. Please invite friends and famiy! Tickets for audience members are $5 in advance, $10 at the door. Check out the event page for all of the information.
- There will NOT be a drop-in option for this session as regular attendance will be necessary in order to learn the choreography. If you cannot attend 75% or more of the practices IN PERSON, it is unlikely that you'll be able to keep up enough to perform. Due to the nature of this choreography and the necessity for movement around the floor to make group patterns, the Zoom option is available for NON-PERFORMERS ONLY. You are welcome to learn the dance virtually but we won't be able to hold a place for you on the stage. Zoom links will be provided even to performers in the event that you need to attend a class on Zoom for some reason, but all performers are asked to attend in person as often as possible, a minimum of 6/8 classes. (Please contact me with questions, I'm happy to help!)
- The class on 10/24 is a mandatory dress rehearsal. All dancers hoping to perform must attend this final practice.
- Each week, we will learn a new portion of the choreography and review from previous classes. Each new portion will be recorded and emailed to you within about 24 hours so you can practice.
- There will be costume requirements in order to perform. Rahil asked for measurements by 7/31 so she could start making these costumes (see your Folk Dances of Egypt email). If you have questions or concerns about costuming, please contact Rahil.
- There is an option to divide the in-person session fee into two payments. If you buy the "Installment" ticket now, you will recieve an invoice in late September for the second installment. Please pay this invoice no later than October 1st.
In-Studio, Performer Option
This secures your spot in the full eight weeks of the session. Please read the ticket policy for the details.
Zoom, Non-Performer Option
This ticket secures your spot in the full eight weeks of the online session. See Ticket Policy for details.
In-Studio, Installment 1 of 2
This is for anyone who prefers to divide the session fee into two payments. I will send you a PayPal invoice for the second installment the first week of September. Payment is due by September 15th.